The healthcare industry in the UAE is booming. It is expected to grow exponentially because of the massive increase in the population and the extravagant lifestyle of the people in the UAE. Furthermore, Dubai offers state-of-the-art infrastructure and ample opportunities for medical professionals who aspire to set up a healthcare business. Additionally, two options are available to investors who seek to establish healthcare-related businesses in the UAE. They can set up a business either in mainland Dubai or in the free zone at Dubai Healthcare City, a separate zone earmarked for establishing premier medical facilities.
Healthcare is one of the most sensitive industries, and several approvals are required to be obtained. As an investor, you need to obtain a professional license as well as approval from relevant authorities before establishing any healthcare industry-related business in the UAE. As the best healthcare consultancy in Dubai, CIG Business Services can help you achieve your dream of establishing a healthcare business in the most modern emirate. Another advantage of associating with CIG Dubai, a leading healthcare consultancy in the UAE, is that you will have more time to plan your core business activities while we liaise with the authorities to obtain the required licenses.
As one of the top healthcare consulting firms, CIG Dubai has many years of experience and can guide you to successfully launch your business in the emirate. We will help you obtain all the necessary approvals from authorities such as the DHA, DED, and DHCC, as per requirement, and organize the documents so that you can have total peace of mind.
How to Set Up a Healthcare Business in Mainland Dubai
The competent authority to accord approval for establishing a healthcare business in Dubai Mainland is the Department of Economic Development. However, you are also required to obtain approval from the Dubai Health Authority. The procedure to be followed is:
- Choosing a business structure – A limited liability company (LLC) or a foreign company’s branch. While you can hold 49% of shares in an LLC, a service agent is essential for a branch office setup.
- Choosing a trading name for your business following the DED guidelines and applying for the same.
- Identifying an ideal location for your healthcare business – Acquiring land from local people or the government, as required, or renting or leasing property.
- Obtaining the initial approval from the DED by submitting documents including:
- Business registration and licensing forms
- Copy of applicant’s passport or another ID document
- Residence permit copy and Sponsor’s NOC
- Articles of Association of the company
- Copy of the feasibility report
The next step is to apply for the initial approval from the DHA to conduct business in Dubai. The DHA will check your business project feasibility study and your expertise in the field, and inspect the proposed healthcare facility to ensure compliance with standards. Once the DED and the DHA give the green signal for the project, you can proceed further. Professionals at CIG, one of the leading healthcare management consulting firms in Dubai, will provide all the support you need to obtain the approvals.
How to Set Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City
As a healthcare professional, when you aspire to set up a healthcare-related company, especially in Dubai Healthcare City, you need to apply for a license from the Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulation. The first step, in this case, is submitting your application to the Dubai Healthcare City Establishing Facility together with your business plan. The documents needed are:
- Copy of your passport
- Copies of shareholders’, directors’, and managers’ CVs
- Commercial license or a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of branches
When you apply to set up one of the top healthcare institutions, the Facility Licensing Department will review the same and submit it for another review by the Facility Committee. If satisfied, provisional approval will be granted and conveyed by way of a letter. The letter will clearly define the services and specify the conditions and restrictions that apply to the proposed healthcare facility. However, you can start business activities in the free zone only after getting the operating license.
As an experienced healthcare consultant, we will help you build the facility, complying with the DHCR-approved standards. You can set up the facility on leased/purchased properties. The Facility Licensing Department will inspect to see if you are complying with the Facility Guidelines Institute and ensure that you are using certified medical equipment.
Finally, you are also required to attend sessions organized by the DHC Authority.
Mainland Licensing Advantages
- No currency restrictions.
- Annual auditing is not mandatory.
- Different types of licenses and activities.
- Can do business activity anywhere in the UAE.
- No personal taxes.
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital.
- For a local license, no capital is needed.
- No limitations in obtaining employment visas.
- Can locate offices anywhere in Dubai.
Freezone Licensing Advantages
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% capital and profits repatriation
- Free transfer of funds
- Exemption from export/import duties
- The company formation process is faster
- Easy recruitment procedures and an inexpensive workforce
- Warehouse facilities, lease options, and the availability of production and assembly areas
The Dubai government is focused on developing the healthcare sector and making the emirate a health and wellness destination by attracting not only investment but also promoting medical tourism. The government has even set up new medical colleges and nursing schools to meet the emirates’ healthcare needs in the future. At CIG Business Services, a reliable healthcare consultancy in Dubai, we have the experience and expertise to guide you in the right direction.