2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may gather two types of information about you from the Website:
- personal information provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services offered by us such as (but not limited to) your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, gender and nationality and financial data (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information); (“Personal Information”); and aggregate information generated by our systems, which track traffic to the Website but do not relate to you personally.
- Your failure to provide necessary Personal Information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
- By providing us with this Personal Information you acknowledge and agree that the information being provided is not secretive (other than financial data) and shall not be deemed to be a secret.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website
- To assist in providing the services requested by you;
- To provide further information to you about other Websites and services or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- For future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- For ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- For any other use that you authorize.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Any information that we gather about you (other than financial data which will be disclosed to the payment gateway service providers) to third parties for the purposes of providing you with additional services;
- Aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties;
- Your personal information to third parties, when we believe in good faith that it is required to do so by law;
- Your personal information to third parties, provided we have your prior consent, which may be obtained at the time of collecting the information from you.
We shall not share your Personal Information with any third party (other than our affiliates) unless you have provided your express consent. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorized access to your data by anyone, including our staff.
- We will seek your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those you have agreed to previously.
- Although we shall take all reasonable measures to prevent unlawful access to Personal Information, we do not represent that no third party will unlawfully access the Personal Information you provide to us and we suggest that you take all necessary precautions against this.
5. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place proper security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. ONLINE PAYMENTS
Capital International Group has a ‘Secure’ transaction system in place to verify and protect your credit card information. Online payments for events are conducted through a secure and powerful 228-bit encryption to protect your details.
- All credit/debit cards detail and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- CIG will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
- CIG takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (cigdubai.ae) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- The customer agrees that the CIG is not liable for any losses or damages arising from partial, incomplete, late or failed transfers or bill payments for the services.
- CIG also confirms that no service will be provided in a failed transaction wherein if the customer’s payment has been debited from his/her account but the payment is not received by CIG.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the data collection practices, the privacy policies or the content of Websites or websites other than the Website, including any Websites or sites which are accessible via a link from the Website. You should contact the operators of those sites directly if you wish to enquire about their privacy policies and practices before providing your personal information to them.
9. COMMUNICATION PREFERENCE
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in to agree to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Website, beta testing or promotional activities.
If you wish to refuse to accept cookies, you may choose to disable it in your browser and/or delete cookies from your device storage. It is not mandatory to have cookies turned on to use the Website however, you may require cookies to access personalized or secure content on the Website. Some web pages may not function properly if the cookies are disabled.